S-250 (PTT) COMMUNICATION CELL transports and operates base communication equipment with 1 1/4-ton military trucks (M705, M715, and XM561), 1 1/4-ton Type E commercial utility cargo vehicle (CUCV), 1 1/4-ton High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV), military cargo aircraft such as the C-130, helicopter, and by sea or rail unit. This high strength, insulated, all-weather, general purpose unit is designed to meet the user's specifications for complete systems integration.
The S-250 shelter is a foam and beam bonded sandwich construction consisting of a polyurethane foam core, aluminum skins and a framework of high strength aluminum alloy extrusions. Foam and beam panel construction provides high strength to weight ratios and facilitates ease of modification, repair, and maintenance.
- With EMI kit 762 lbs. min. - 802 lbs. max
- Without EMI kit 750 lbs. min. - 790 lbs. max
- 2,530 lbs.
- Roof Load
- Snow and Ice 40 lbs./sq. ft.
- personnel and Equipment - 660 lbs. over a 2 sq. ft. area.
- Floor Load
- 1,000 lbs. over 3 sq. ft. area without permanent deformation
- Member Loading
- Wall, roof, and floor tensile load 1,000 lbs. followed by 75 inch-pounds torque load 5/16"-18 inserts
- Temperature Extremes
- Operating: -65° F to +125° F plus solar load
- Non-operating: -80° F to +160° F
- Heat Tranfer
- U-factor - 0.50BTU/hr./sq. ft./° F. Designed to meet requirements of MIL-S-55541
- RFI Shielding
- With addition of RFI modification kit, attenuation of 60 dB minimum over 150 kHz to 10 GHz for electric and magnetic fields and plane waves measured IAW MIL-STD-285
- Tested to 30 inch fording depth and to simulated rainfall
- Lifting Eyes
- Four (4) eyes with 3 in. inside clearance. 5,000 lbs. tensile load per corner in any direction
- Towing Eyes
- Four (4) eyes with 1.50 in. inside clearance. 5,000 lbs. tensile load per corner in any direction
- WARRANTY PROGRAM
- ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT SHELTERS
- MODEL S-250/G UNSHIELDED (NSN: 5411-00-999-4935)
- MODEL S-250/G SHIELDED (NSN: 5411-00-489-6076)
- 31 JANUARY 1990