Difference between revisions of "RT-524~VRC"
m (1 revision)
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
Revision as of 18:39, 21 October 2011
Receiver-transmitter, FM, 30-74.95MHz, 50 KHZ spacing, 920 channels. Manual tuning version of RT-246/VRC with built-in loud-speaker. The RT-524/VRC is the major part of AN/VRC-12 vehicle radio station typically used in M151 Truck, Utility ¼-Ton, 4x4 Mutt Jeeps series of vehicles as well as in older Humvee's and tanks.
Operates from 24 VDC vehicle battery or power supply. Transmitter output power 8W (low) and 35W (high).
Noise-operated squelch as well as an advanced tone-operated squelch (150 Hz) is provided. The tone squelch provides reliable retransmission when two receiver-transmitter are used as an automatic relay station.
The AN/VRC-12 is a combat-proven vehicular radio set that lends its self particularly well to applications of tactical deployment and specific operational missions because of their ability to be assembled into various configurations and of being installed on most types of military vehicles such as M-151 Mutt Jeeps, Humvees, heavy armour, etc.
- Frequency range:
- 30.00 to 75.95 MHz
- Channel spacing:
- 50 kHz
- Number of Channels:
- 920 Channels
- Mode of Operation:
- Voice frequency modulated (FM)
- Receiver stability:
- Crystal controlled, + 3.5 kHz of nominal frequency
- Receiver Sensitivity:
- 0.5 ?V for 10 dB (S+N+D)/(N+D) for 8.0 kHz deviation
- Transmitter output power:
- 35 W "High Power" and 8 Watts "Low Power"
- Transmitter deviation:
- 8.0 ? 2 kHz nominal
- Super-heterodyne single conversion
- Image Rejection:
- Greater than 85 dB
- IF Bandwidth:
- 32 kHz minimum @ 6 dB. 85 kHz maximum @ 60 dB
- 150-Hz tone-operated or noise-operated, with RF signal having 10 dB (S+N+D)/(N+D) ratio
- Less than 1 dB change in audio output for RF input from 1 ?V to 100,000 ?V
- Less than 8% from 500 to 3000 Hertz
- Audio Output:
- 500 mW into 600-Ohm speaker 150 mW into 600-Ohm headphone
- Volume Control:
- Adjustable from less than 0.25 mW to 1.0 W maximum
- Audio Pass-band:
- Operating Temperature:
- -40?C to +65?C (-40?F to +14?F)
- Power Requirement:
- 24-28 VDC @10.0A
- 6"H x 15"W x 13"D. (15.2 cm x 38.1 cm x 33 cm)
- 58 lbs. (26.3 kg)