Jump to navigation Jump to search
Operations Center: Arranged for universal operation as a wing filter center, wing operations center, fighter-control operations area control center or a combined filter-fighter control area operations center.
- Equipment includes telephone facilities, furniture, plotting and lighting equipment, power cabinet, storage batteries and two engine alternators.
- Packing cases used as platforms and benches.
- A mobile tactical control center employs two standard 2-1/2 ton (6x6)trucks for mounting and transporting platforms and cabinets, and two standard 1-ton cargo trailers for transporting the two eng.-alt. Details for mounting cabinets and platforms in trucks provided as part of equipment.
- Telephone equipment arranged for intercommunication and for connection to land lines and radio sets. Position units of two types; one a telephone unit and the other a five-line unit; permit ready transfer of lines to or from a position. Equipment included for remotely controlling sixteen of the commonly used Signal Corps radio sets.
- Except for some common battery switchboard trunks circuits signaling on land lines is magneto.
- Two Switchboards BD-72, 12 lines each, are provided for use as administration switchboard. Two common battery trunks units for connection to central offices each containing 2 circuits, are provided as supplementary equipment.
- TM 11-438
- TM 11-932 (ENG.-ALT.)